Summary of Qualifications:
- Fifteen years building online experiences for diverse clients. Varied work experience includes user experience design, usability, creative direction, project management, web design, graphic design, and programming.
- Unique background combining online marketing, web systems know-how, and human-centered design savvy.
- Expertise in viral marketing consultancy, social network marketing, online community-building, copywriting and content optimization, award-winning user interfaces, brand websites, e-mail and newsletter campaigns, outreach websites, and large-scale commercial e-commerce websites.
- Skilled in participation strategies and stakeholder management. Experience leading diverse constituents, departments, and teams to empower and inspire each other while meeting requirements and fixed launch deadlines.
- Strong project management skills driven by a flexible, structured development process. Using an iterative, test-driven approach that incorporates analyzing project requirements, assembling high performance teams, selecting tools and technologies, and architecting systems. Certified Agile Project Manager (PMI, 2005).
- Demonstrated abilities in a wide range of writing styles, including campaign messaging, e-mailings and newsletters, client proposals, and market analysis papers.
- Department of City Planning, City & County of San Francisco, CA
User Experience Designer
July '10 to present
- Established cross-functional usability working groups across all divisions of the Planning Department, enabling systemic best practices.
- Responsible for driving user experience improvements for the Department's web properties including sfplanning.org, sfbetterstreets.org, sfpavementtoparks.org, bettermarketstreetsf.org, and others.
- Introduced and implemented a user centered design process incorporating both quantitative and qualitative user experience research, including usability testing, A/B testing, on- and off-site analytics, and user surveys.
- Developed user interface design standards and patterns; created and directed production of interaction design and information architecture deliverables including wireframes, site maps and task flow documentation.
- Mariner Marketing, Corp., Alameda, CA
Co-Founder & Creative Director
February '07 to April '10
- Complete creative direction of Mariner Marketing Corp., a full service online agency specializing in performance-based marketing.
- Over $100 million in sales can be attributed directly to creative staff’s efforts.
- Managed and mentored a diverse creative department of programmers, flash designers, copywriters, photographers and freelancers.
- Responsible for presentation of strategy and creative concepts to all clients.
- Designed and managed production of large-scale national e-marketing campaigns, including e-mail newsletters, banners, and landing pages for external ad networks.
- Implemented social network marketing and CMS solutions for all clients.
- Developed rich media advertising and e-marketing for Trojan®, OxiClean®, Kaboom!®, Nair®, Orajel®, and more.
- Innovated a mini-transactional website for Trojan® Condoms that worked in conjunction with a direct response television commercial. The site exceeded all expectations by maintaining a Google Pagerank of 3, an Alexa rating of 821,135, and high sales margins stemming from nearly 150,000 unique visitors per month.
- Natural Capital Institute, Sausalito, CA
Sr. User Interface Designer (Contract)
June '06 to October '06
- Acted as primary User Interface Designer for initial soft launch of WiserEarth.org, an international social-networking website dedicated to connecting hundreds of thousands of organizations and concerned individuals to address social justice, poverty, and the environment.
- Successfully implemented user interface models for development process of WiserEarth.org using Agile software development methods and knowledge of human factors and user interface concepts.
- Managed aspects of UI design, information architecture, intuitive application page flows and user testing projects.
- Rapidly translated design and requirements documents into User Interface Prototypes using a variety of tools and softwares.
- JamBase, Inc., San Francisco, CA
Production & Design Manager
September '05 to September '06
- Directed multiple cross-department teams to redesign, reorganize, and re-strategize the Peer-To-Peer community driven section of JamBase.com, known as MyJamBase.
- Founded, designed, and launched Green.JamBase.com, a web portal focused on initiating conversations at the intersection of music and climate change.
- Managed the company’s off-site designers, acting as the liaison between internal Sales Dept. and off-site designers. Methods included improved communications through content management tools, adherence to strong design standards, and the promotion of excellence in customer service and support.
- JamBase, Inc. continued
Web Producer & Designer
September '03 to September '05
- Rapidly produced, designed, coded, and developed messaging content for thousands of unique graphical concepts, HTML e-mailings, e-cards and e-posters used in geographically-targeted email-based marketing campaigns for the music industry’s top bands, venues, promoters and labels.
- Created, designed, and coded the company’s national Monthly Newsletter reaching over 140,000 inboxes each month.
- Collaborated with Production and Marketing Directors to improve user experience and increase website registration, email open-rates, and unique click-throughs.
- Insight Designs Web Solutions, LLC, Boulder, CO
September '00 to December '02
- Operated as the primary designer of over 45 commercial web sites including B2B sites, company profile sites, e-commerce sites, artist portfolio sites, non-profit and education sites.
- Responsible for all areas of design production including layout, typography, flash animation, image selection and recommendation, color palette selection, manual graphics creation/exportation and HTML hand-coding.
- Conceived and implemented template based design method for artist portfolio web sites.
- Collaborated with clients and coworkers to provide art direction throughout the duration of each project, streamlining guidance of corporate identity design and brand decisions.
- Fluent in: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks, Flash, Dreamweaver, entirely hand-coded HTML and CSS
- Familiar with: DHTML, MYSQL, PERL
- BA (Hons) Humanities, Social Change
New College of California, San Francisco, CA
- AA Visual and Communication Arts
Franklin College Switzerland, Lugano, Switzerland
- Youth Studio Art Certification
St. Peter's College & Pembroke College, Oxford University, England